Saturday, February 28, 2009

Medicine

Today I was a grump. I didn't wake up that way, but I started off missing my prayer time and then one thing led to another and by 9am I was a grumpy momma! Thankfully it was a sunny day and my friend MeeSook invited us to accompany her and her children to the park. Needless to say I jumped at the chance to get out of the house, and my children were glad to go too! As I pushed one on the swings, helped one down the "fire pole", admired a grand collection of sticks, and blew bubbles for all... I realized the grumpies had floated away along with the bubbles. My children's smiles, giggles, and silly antics were good medicine. Tonight as I tucked in my oldest son, Isaiah, I apologized for snapping at him today. He said "That's ok Mommy, I forgive you. Come up here." So I climbed up onto the top bunk with him. As I snuggled down with him he rubbed my back for a few minutes finished with a kiss on my cheek and asked: "There! Don't you feel better now?" Yes, sweet boy, I feel much better. Thank you!



A happy heart makes the face cheerful... A cheerful look brings joy to the heart...
Proverbs 15:13,30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to check in on us! We love to hear how you are doing too! May God fill your heart with His joy today.