This year, our 6th and 7th grade girls have been working on spelling lists from HomeSpellingWords. It is a free website originally created for use by their own homeschooling family for spelling practice. Now visitors from all around the world come to practice their spelling at this site.
- Monday: girls copy down spelling list in notebooks
- Tuesday: do Word Find activity (we create our own here with the spelling list from HomeSpellingWords. More about this later!)
- Wednesday: Play Spelling Soup
- Thursday: Fill in the Blank Game (sometimes play online, sometimes print out...depending on how much paper is in our printer!)
- Friday: take a Spelling Test
The girls were complaining that the black background of the Word Find game was hurting their eyes, so I found a free Word Search Worksheet creator website where I type in the girls' lists for the week and then print out the worksheet for them to complete.
Another great part of HomeSpellingWords is that you can create a free account, add each of your children and keep track of their progress on the spelling tests. There is also the option of importing your own spelling lists and using their website to test and keep track of your children's progress.
Hope you enjoy this FREE resource as much as we do!