Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coffee Lovers


Picture by Isaiah Barry

Today my mom delivered the quilt she made for our anniversary. I was very excited and love it! John and I both love coffee, and as you can see she picked the fabrics to suit our taste!
To me a quilt is like a scrapbook of treasured moments. It is a reminder of friends and family who have touched my heart. Fond (and sometimes funny) memories are stitched within the borders. It is a covering of prayer pieced together in every block.
When we snuggle under this beautiful quilt tonight I will have many good memories to be thankful for and many people to pray for. It reminds me of all the coffee dates John and I had while dating, of my first cup of coffee with my Daddy, of Costa Rica, and of our first house... and as I fall off to sleep I will say a prayer of thanksgiving for John, the love of my life, who for the last six years has shared many a cup of coffee. I will thank God for my parents who lift our family up in prayers daily!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to check in on us! We love to hear how you are doing too! May God fill your heart with His joy today.