Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What do you do all day?

Being a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) I've gotten that question phrased in many different ways. And some days are so crazy I feel as if Ive been spinning in circles and when I finally stop at the end of the day I look around and there is still dirty laundry in the corner, a basket of clean laundry to fold/put away (ok, usually two!), a half finished sewing project started two months ago, the rug's dirty again, oops, sorry Honey no clean socks! half a cup of coffee on the bathroom counter, a pot still in the sink from dinner (from last night)... What did I DO all day? I think to myself as I sit down after tucking in all four little ones. Then my mind wanders over all the little things that tend to get lost in the mountain of "to dos" ... snuggling with children first thing in the morning, finding a new use for the TP roll, cereal box, flower catalog, instucting a 3 and 5 yr old in the fine art of hardboiled egg peeling, taking a few extra minutes at nap time to snuggle a sleeping baby, making some cookies for Daddy with lots of helping hands, kissing owies, hugs, tickles, giggles, and "just one more book, please!" at bedtime. Ah, so even though I didn't do a lot of "work" today... we had fun! We laughed, we giggled, we sang and read Bible stories. Yes, my house may be messy, but my heart is full of joy!

Big brother Isaiah teaching Tobiah how to use tools


Sweet sisters!

1 comment:

  1. And we wonder where the time goes... :)
    I'm glad that you have 2 of each so they can feel that special bond with each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to check in on us! We love to hear how you are doing too! May God fill your heart with His joy today.