Tuesday, July 7, 2009

cherries!



My parents brought us three large boxes of cherries, so for the last couple of days we've been been busy! The kids helped get all the cherries ready for canning... pulling stems off of the cherries and packing them in jars. They all helped but Rayna was probably the biggest helper! She filled up half of the bowl by herself.



And of course we've been eating them for almost every meal



My good helper



I can say that it really was a blessing to have the kids help with the cherries. I canned 21 quarts of cherries, and that makes for a lot of cherry stems to pull off! hmmm... what should we do next? strawberry or raspberry jam? Peaches? Whatever we do... I'll be looking forward to having my little ones share in the process.


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." -Colosians 3:23,24

1 comment:

  1. Wow Becca, you are either way way more talented than me or certifiably insane. Either way I love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to check in on us! We love to hear how you are doing too! May God fill your heart with His joy today.